POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Grass (New Problem) : Grass (New Problem) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Grass (New Problem)
From: Brent G
Date: 17 Sep 2003 15:34:07
Message: <3f68b72f$1@news.povray.org>
Yay :) Sorry I'm bugging you all with so many questions but . . . I got
a question. Using Gilles' MakeGrass macro, I've created a nice patch of
grass, only problem is that it's a mesh 100k some triangles (Yikes) and
in relation to the rest of my scene it's a small portion, so I'll have
to use alot of these patches . . now herein lies the problem, having to
parse 100k triangles a few hundred times is . . . not good? I'm sure I'm
missing something obvious here. . . .